Friday, August 21, 2009

What is the best antivirus to use?

Can anyone recommend a good security. I downloaded free trial of panda security but found it really slows down laptop. I've been recommended Nod32 as being effective, reliable and light. However it does not include firewall. Is firewall needed and is using windows firewall enough protection?



What is the best antivirus to use?product key



First do you want to buy an antivirus or do you want to use a free version? If you want to buy one Nod32 is very good. It has top rated detection rates in various online tests. Something similar to it would be Kasprsky Antivirus or Avira's Premium Suite.



For free versions, I would recommend either Avast, Avira or Active Virus Shield (made by AOL but based on kaspersky engine).



An antivirus isn't a firewall, meaning it can't blobk outgoing or ingoing traffic. Windows Xp already has a firewall integrated but it isn't that great. Installing an auxiliary firewall application will improve your security status. Comodo and Zone Alarm are both free and very good.



What is the best antivirus to use?triumph



I agree, AVG works great. I have it on my computers at work, home and laptop and have had no trouble since I started using it. And like he said, it is free. Good luck!



free.grisoft.com
Windows firewall is a joke to start with.

No comments:

Post a Comment