Friday, August 21, 2009

All my mcafee expired 4 days ago..I just found out help how can I protect computer for free?

My kids got me computer..must have done a 90 day trial..was out of town --today my computer said these four things expired 4 days ago.



McAfee SpamKiller,



McAfee Privacy Service



McAfee Personal Firewall Plus



McAfee VirusScan



It show my antiabuse and antispam killer as red (antivirus index and antihacker index still are green)



Virus span and personal firewall plus are still protected, while privacy service and spamkiller are expired.



Are there any free comparable protections out there..also to reinstate all, how much is it..is it $29.95 for each one or for all of them?



If you give a free program, do you have link for download..is it permantly free or temporary?



Please help.



All my mcafee expired 4 days ago..I just found out help how can I protect computer for free?virus protection software



Hi there,



Unless you really cannot afford to pay for a security solution, I would avoid free programs such as AVG, Spybot and Adaware. Shockingly these three programs used in conjunction now protects you from less than 60% of the threats out there today. In all seriousness, these programs (especially spybot and adaware) are no longer good enough to be your only protection against viruses, spyware and adware (as well as trojans, rootkits and other nasties). They used to be great programs a couple of years ago, but have now been overtaken by programs with next-generation approaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment